Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Moving to Nova Scotia

It's official - I'm moving to Nova Scotia at the end of November. I'm pretty blown away at where life has taken me these last few months. Laid off from work 3 months ago to moving from coast to coast this winter. I'm very excited, though sad to leave family and long-time friends.

I went out to the east coast a couple of months ago to help my step-mom house hunt, and was blown away by the beauty of the area. I learned that no matter where you are in Nova Scotia, you're no more than 30 km from the ocean!

Beautiful fall Nova Scotia pics here.


I'm holding off till the end of November so I can finish my photography course. My assignment this week, should I choose to accept it:

  • Depth of field - 4 pictures of the same thing. First, the closest part must be in focus while the rest is blurred. Then the middle in focus, then the farthest point. Finally, a shot of the whole thing in focus.
  • Shutter speed - motion shots. Capture something moving and 'freeze' it, capture something else moving and blurred.
These two assignments were tough! I went to different locations throughout the week, and did not get it right. Finally at 3pm the day of my class, I was running around my yard desperately trying to get it right. And yay! I finally did! I've posted them along with a few happy mistakes. :)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence