Friday, January 19, 2007

The Road Ahead


I’m looking at starting a casual meeting for postmodern Christians and seekers in the next several weeks, probably in a coffee shop or someplace else convenient. I continue to feel a call to the ‘emerging church’ movement. There is a tension to it – on the one hand I feel right at home with the people attracted to it (left-wing, artistic, free-thinking, heart for social justice). However, as is usually the case, our weaknesses are often our strengths overdone. There is a tendency to be too left-wing, emotionally based, free thinking, and accepting of everything. I am more and more thankful for my Bible education, as it truly is my foundation while I deal with very challenging issues. The emerging church is in desperate need of leaders who are grounded in the Bible, and are able to apply its timeless truths to our postmodern 'truth is subjective' culture. Of course, figuring out what is 'timeless' and what is 'time-bound' in the Bible is often challenging.

Your prayers will be appreciated as this will be the first time I begin something on my own.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence