Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Surprising Development

The Journey by Goyce Kakegamic

Just when I thought I had my next couple of months planned out...

Around Christmas, I was tossing around two ideas - a different position I wanted at work, and venturing out and gathering together a group of like-minded Christians for discussion and friendship. I didn't get the position, so I figured the timing was right to go ahead with my second idea.

Then God chuckled, and tossed something new my way. Starting next week, I am going to be the interim supervisor for our UK division. UK=midnight shift (not moving to Dublin, sadly). I will be taking on my first supervisory role with E-Care, and switching my sleeping schedule around by 12 hours. If things work out in the short term, I have been given the opportunity to potentially make it permanent.

I'm chuckling too - just the day before I was chatting with a co-worker about how I would never work such crazy hours. But as soon as it was offered to me, I went for it. It sparked my sense of challenge and adventure. The division just opened in August, so it is brand new and policy is still being developed. Those who know me well know my love for startups, whether it be church planting or in the marketplace. I will also have to be very independent and self-reliant, as there aren't too many people I can ask for help in the middle of the night. I'm looking forward to the challenge!

So the discussion group is on hold for a month or two, while I adjust to this new position. And people wonder why I don't have my next 5 years planned out??
Wish me well!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence